Sunday, February 3, 2008

February 1st

Nope, I haven't been slacking on taking photos each day, just slack at getting them posted. But, here it is just before midnight of the 4th and I'm catching up.

This photo I LOVE, not because of anything technical about it, but because it is a story of my sweet J's personality. All of my boys have had leapsters for over 2 years, and they go through spurts of really loving them. J's favorite color is blue, and he has had two blue Leapsters now, both of which have died. So, when his last one (which was a really old model that we got used on Craigslist) went kaput, I decided to just invest in another new one for him. He really wanted a blue one, but they only make the LMax version in blue, and I refused to fork out $90 for a Leapster ($60 was bad enough!). SO, he had to choose between green and pink/purple. The problem is that C's leapster is green, and J could not bring himself to get the same color, despite my promise that we'd label it as his. That was simply unacceptable in his eyes. So, my three 5 year olds and I left Target that day with a pink and purple Leapster. I explained that some of his friends might think that it is strange for him to have a pink and purple Leapster. His response: My friends won't make fun of me. Who was I to argue with such wisdom?

No comments: