Saturday, June 14, 2008

A day at Kings Dominion

This is our 3rd summer of visiting Kings Dominion, so in many ways you would think that it would get boring by now. But, our first trip this season brought lots of NEW things! First of all, notice the yellow bracelet on Jackson's arm?????? Both he and Collin were "yellow" this year (46"), which meant that they could ride the Scooby Doo and the Avalanche WITHOUT AN ADULT. Yeah! That's awesome since I can't ride them myself. Ryan was a color above yellow, a purple, which means he was at least 48" tall. It meant that he could ride LOTS of bigger coasters (which he didn't want too), but also he could drive the Antique Cars and fly on the "Flying Eagles" alone. He was thrilled!

Kings Dominion's Kid Zone is a mix of the old Hanna Barbaba characters from MY childhood (which my kids now all know thanks to Boomarang!) and the new Nick Jr. characters. For THREE YEARS I have hoped they would bring out Backyardigans characters that you could meet, and this year I got my wish. We saw Uniqua as soon as we entered the kids' area, and I had to get a picture with her. We never saw Pablo, but we will sometime this summer, I'm sure.

One of Collin's favorite coasters is The Avalanche. Ryan chicked out just before take off, so Collin rode it himself. He was super proud, but this look as he starts to go up the hill cracks me up!







Last year we attempted some of the water slides and the Lazy River and they were disasters. But, not this year! Here is Ryan on Freestylin'!

And Jackson!


And Collin, Daddy and Ryan on the Flying Eagles.










No comments: