Saturday, January 8, 2011

Owen's 2nd Birthday Party (Take 1)


Tonight my family came up for Owen's 2nd Birthday.  He had a blast playing with my sister and mom, and all of the older kids had fun too.  The highlight was his gift from us:  a Blue's Clues Thinking Chair.  Now, I've been looking for one of these chairs for MONTHS.  They were made around 13 years ago, so it's hard to find them anymore, much less in good shape. And since they are so hard to find, they get really pricey.  I've seen them go as high as $300 on ebay before.  I checked several weeks ago, and lucked up on one that was listed as a pick up in Garner, NC.   I was stunned, but not hopeful.  I ended up winning it for a steal of a price, and may was I beyond thrilled to find it out it with new!  ( you can see the plastic tag hanging off of the arm!).  It has been hidden in the attic ever since.

Anyway, I was beyond excited to give it to him.  His initial reaction wasn't what I expected:  he was confused!  But, once he had his Handy Dandy Notebook and crayon in hand, he was ready!  As you can tell, he loves it! 






He, of course, wanted a Blue's Clues cake:  a Steve and Blue cake, to be exact.  For tonight's party, he got this one though.  I will do the Steve/Blue for Tuesday.  He loved it, and he wanted to eat the notebook!


 And he LOVED blowing out the candles.  He was so patient waiting for us to stop singing (which he loved too), and then he blew them out, just perfectly.   So stinking cute, he is!


I missed taking a photo yesterday, but I took plenty today.  :-)

No comments: