Friday, May 23, 2008

J and his beloved G

Many people ask me what is the hardest thing about having multiples. The answer varies, depending on the day, but often it is that my multiples come in odd numbers. The number 3 is tough. Someone always seems to be left out. And somehow, it is usually my Mr. J. Ryan and Collin are just kindred spirits; they think alike, they act alike, and the gravitate toward each other. Jack. . . he is his own person and is often the 3rd wheel.

I think that God brings many things into your life for many reasons. For Jackson, our neighbor is one of the gifts that God has given us. Grace and Jackson are like two peas in a pod. Sure, they have their tiffs, but they always end up back at each other's side. The other day, I heard noises in the garage and peeked in to see what was going on. This is what I found:

They were just sitting there, like 2 grandparents on a front porch in rocking chairs. . . . just talking to each other. What about, I don't know. It was a private conversation. But, they were blissfully happy there together, alone. . . . they are the best of buddies.

Look at the joy of my boy's face. These two kids. . . . they just love each other.

No comments: