Friday, May 23, 2008

Per request. . . .

I recently bakes 30 DOZEN (yes, 360!) cupcakes for our local high school's senior picnic. I love a good challenge, and one of my favorite teacher's on earth was in charge of it, so I agreed. Some asked to see pictures, as not many people are foolish enough to take on the task. LOL Here is my largest bowl of icing. This is 4 batches of icing; before I was done, I made FOUR BOWLS this size of icing. That is over 25 lbs of powdered sugar. Ugh!

I lost momentum to take photos at home, but here are all of the boxes at the picnic. The 2 bigger boxes were the Comets, and each of the smaller ones had between 28-24 cupcakes in the shape of either a "C" "H" or "S."

Here is one of the 2 comets.

It was certainly a challenge, and I think I got some business leads out of it. The seniors and their parents enjoyed them, so it was worth it. But, next year, I'd have to charge a lot more! LOL


No comments: