As I've explained before, Jackson and our neighbor, Gracie, have a wonderful friendship. Today, this is the conversation that I overheard while they were drawing pictures of frogs:
Jackson and Gracie were having some deep discussions about death, Heaven, the end of the world, growing up, etc. It's quite cute! Jackson explained that I (paula) will die first since I"m older. Gracie excitedly announced that Jackson could live with her, but Jackson said that he would want to live beside my mother (GaGa). Gracie responded by saying: "But don't you love me?" Jackson went on to explain how he does, but GaGa would be really sad if he didn't live with her. I stopped them on the way upstairs to explain to Jack that if mommy died, then he would live with daddy. His response: "Nice!" I then explained that if something happened to mommy and daddy, then he would go live with Aunt Peg. Gracie reaffirmed that they were next door and available, but I assured her that we would want him to live with Aunt Peg, Uncle Al, Benjamin, Spencer and Will. Her response: "Ok, but what if Aunt Peg dies? Can he live with me then?"
Gotta love young love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment