Happiness! They were all super excited when I picked them up. Ryan said he had one tear this morning, but"no crying fit." LOL He also said he was a bit nervous that I wasn't coming to get them. I tried to explain that there are over 100 cars in the carpool lane BEFORE it opens, and that it is going to take me a while to get there. :-)
But, they had GREAT days! They all did a scavenger hunt, which was a HUGE hit. They saw several friends, and they saw each other in the cafeteria. All lunches were (basically) empty, and most of their snack was gone. No one slept during "rest time", but they reported classmates passing out. LOL I asked for their favorite things:
Ryan: "Tracing letters."
Collin: "Everything, but especially the scavenger hunt."
Jackson: "Lunch!"
SO, there you go! They are all ready to go back on Monday, and so far, the grouchies haven't been too bad. I promised them a treat if they went with no tears, so they each have a new toy: Collin and Anakin figurine, Ryan a set of Star Wars Galactic Heroes (Jar Jar and a battle droid that rolls up into a ball), and Jackson a new bag of marbles. :-) They are happily playing downstairs together.
Ahhh. . . . lfe is great!
Meanwhile, lest anyone should think that I sat on my bum all day, I got much accomplished:
2 grocery stores
Walgreens
a 2nd breakfast a McD's for Owen
unloaded groceries
scrubbed toilets and bathroom floors and sinks
unloaded the dishwasher
Reloaded the dishwasher
Mixed the meatloaf for tonight
Ground hamburger for tomorrow night
edited photos
updated blog
spent 2 hours preparing "stuff" for the new business website
answered at least 15 phone calls from people checking on J, C and R's 1st day
Spent an hour on MOMS Club stuff
ate lunch
So, I was definitely "productive," as a loved one encouraged me to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment