Monday, January 26, 2009

Owen's First Bath

Just as I bought another pack of disposable newborn diapers (Huggies as the Pampers run WAY smaller) because Owen's little umbilical cord stump seemed permenantly attached to him, it fell off! I was undressing him this afternoon after carpool and it was simply gone. And I mean GONE! We can't find it. LOL He was wearing a footed outfit, and it isn't inside of it. It wasn't in his diaper or his carseat. It's totally disappeared. So wierd!
Anyway, so after a wonderful friend delivered a yummy dinner (roast, homemade mashed potatoes, rolls and rice krispy treats!), Ryan and I got Owen ready for his first bath. If he hasn't had the bink in his mough, he would have been screaming. But, as it was, he seemed to enjoy it. No tears at all. And now he smells extra delicious!
All clean and snuggly warm!
And, now that he is cordless, he can start sporting his cool Bum Genious cloth diapers. Yeah!

He and I both fell asleep after his post-bath meal, so he is out in his crib, and I'm soon going to be sleeping in my bed. I think I'll scoop him up and snuggle him though, as he is just too sweet and delicious! We truly couldn't have asked for a better baby!

No comments: