So yesterday, I had what I thought was going to be a conference to write Jackson's IEP (under the OHI -- Other Health Impaired -- for his ADD). It turns out that we aren't writing one at this point. While I was at first not thrilled, the more I think about it, I'm fine with it at this point. I know that I legally have the right to go back at any point and ask for a 504 plan once we get to the point where testing is a part of his school life.
But, the great news is that he's been on Strattera for the ADD for almost a month now. And, within that time, he has doubled (and sometimes more) the number of letters and sight words he consistantly recognizes. He's doing really well in class following instructions and not getting confused, he's initiating more play with his classmates, and he is completing more work (and accurately, at that!).
His teacher is really happy, and I'm content with the way things are at this point. I'm nervous about classroom placement for next year, but I've been told that the kindergarten teachers have much input on placements for the next year. I completely trust his teacher, so I'm ok with that.
He had his big reading assessment at the beginning of this week, and he now is on a Level 2 for reading, which is AWESOME! He still has some catching up, as it's not quite at grade level, but he's made a ton of progress in a little bit of time. I'm just so happy for him!
***************************************************************************
On other fronts, I'm having some irregular contractions, which I really think is unfair, but it seems to be par for the course. Owen is still a wiggly little guys, and he's defnitely head down, so that's all good. I have my 37 week appt tomorrow, so we'll see if there is any dialation or anything going on. My mom wants him to wait until after Christmas, but I'd be ok with this weekend. LOL Once we get to Monday, he needs to stay put until after the holidays though. We'll see how good he is at following instructions. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment