Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jackson's NP Eval results

So, we got the report back in the mail today; 15 papges -- not too bad. I'm very lucky to have the background that I do so that I understand it. LOL

Basically, here are the highlights:

Weaknesses in visual processing, memory, attention span, processing speed, reading, information processing, and coding.

Diagnosis:
1. ADD -- Inattentive Type
2. Adjustment Disorder wiht Anxiety-Obsessive-Compulsive Features
3. Sensory Processing Disorder
4. Reading Disorder

Suggestions:
IEP under either LD in Reading or OHI (for the ADD component), with modifications for testing and daily work.

So, no big shockers for those of us who know Jackson well. I am sad for him, but at least we know the issues and can go from there.

The school system has 3 more tests that they want to perform, and I have an appt with his primary doctor at the end of the month to discuss medical options. I may move that up though, depending on the testing schedule at school. I need to see on that one.

So, there you go. Hopefully we can get him on a better track so that he can succeed in school. It's hard to watch him struggle so much.

No comments: