I know some of you have some background on this and others are just getting the first info on it, but I thought I'd update it here so that I only have to do it one time. So, here goes. . . . .
I met today with the Neuropsychologist that will be evaulating Jackon. We reviewed all of the tests that the school would do plus what he wanted, and came up with the following evaluations that we'll have done:
1. Wisc 4 (IQ Test)
2. Woddcock Johnson 3 (Test of Achievement) with subtests Word Attack, Picture Vocabulary, and Academic Knowledge
3. ATDES-2 -- Parent and Teacher Rating Scale
4. Connors Rating Scale -- Parent and Teacher
5. Brown Assessment of Attention Disorder
6. RWAML -- Wide Range Assessesment for Memory and Learning
7. NEPSY -- Nuero Development Assessment
8. Childhood Autism Rating Scale
9. Vineland II -- Adaptive Behavior Scale
10. Neuropsychologist will use the above tests to assess specific information processing areas
Busy day, huh?
He's set up to do as much as they both can handle on Thursday, October 9th in the AM. Hopefully he'll be able to hang in there and get through it all, but if not, we'll break it into two days, or more, if needed.
That lovely morning will cost us $550.00, out of pocket. I have to find out if our Flex Medical Spending Plan will reimburse us that amount, since the doctor doesn't accept that form of payment; lets all hope so!
Tomorrow Jackson and I meet with his family doctor for his evaluation, coupled with documentation from his teacher (couldn't get in touch with his OT to have her input), so that he can give the referral to the NP (neuropsychologist). Then the NP can file for approval with the insurance to have them pay their portion of it.
I also have about 100 pieces of paper to fill out, as does Brian, and then tomorrow I have to submit a formal letter to the principal at their school to begin the official process with the school for any testing that they need to do and an Assessment Team.
Who knew that all of my years of working with Exceptional Children would prove so useful; thank God that I got the 2 jobs that put me squre in the world of IEPs and Assessment Teams.
Anyway, that is where we stand. I need to fill out a ton of paperwork, finish the letter to submit tomorrow, plus type up my notes from today so that I can understand them after today.
Paula
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment