Thursday, October 9, 2008

What a crazy week!

Our week has been NUTS! I had two photo shoots on Monday, preschool pictures at the boys' old preschool Tues and Wed, and then Jackson's testing today. Tomorrow I have a cake to finish for a client, three classes to volunteer in, plus helping a friend finish her son's birthday cake. Oh, and going to see a crib.

Jackson's testing. . . . the boy totally surprised me! He sat through, without any breaks, just over four HOURS of testing. When they were done, the NP said that he found Jackson's case to be very "interesting." He said that his effort was there, he paid attention, never complained, was extremely polite and well behaved, but that there was clearly a "black hole" where information got lost after it went into his ears. This points to a processing problem, which isn't shocking at all. Now, it will take the NP about two weeks to to score the 10 asssessments and get the written report done. Once he gets that done, I'll go back up to meet with him and go over the results and his suggestions.

Until then, I go next Wednesday morning to sign papers to start the paperwork on the public school's end, as they want to do additional academic testing, and Jackson will end up with an IEP. So, one step at a time. Hopefully all of the testing will be done by Nov, and we'll have the IEP in place by mid-December.

No comments: